A family holiday in the Dolomites is a very special experience
Spend your holiday with kids in the mountains in our child-friendly apartments and discover the diverse leisure activities on offer in Val Gardena
Dear families, we welcome you for an exciting adventure in our magical mountain world of Val Gardena! We have 4 children ourselves, so we understand the needs of our guest families and are well equipped.
Facilities for children:
- Baby travel cots
- Bed guards and fall protection
- Changing mats
- Heating fan to prevent your baby from the cold while bathing or changing
- Baby bath with thermometer
- Baby potty or toilet seat for children
- Children's table and chairs
- Children's plates and bowls, glasses and cutlery
- Microwave, so you can quickly warm your baby or child’s food
- Family board games
- Table football on our terrace
Plenty of adventures await your children for a memorable family holiday:
- A beautiful playground is within walking distance from us. Our youngest guests have a total of 21 beautiful and modern playgrounds available to them in the whole Val Gardena area.
- A nearby alpaca farm is very popular between all small animal friends.
- The footpath from us to Ortisei (4 km) and to Selva (5 km) is ideal in summer and winter for strolls with a pram (hardly any incline).
- The bike path to Ortisei (4 km) also starts nearby.
- The "Panaraida", an adventure trail with 8 large play areas and several picnic facilities, is a definite local highlight.
- A hike from Santa Cristina to the beautifully situated Church of San Giacomo, one of the oldest churches in the valley, is also a special experience.
- Children can prove their courage and skills together with parents on the Ortisei high ropes course, with a 180 m long zipline and a 680 m long ‘flyline’.
- A geocaching hike - a modern treasure hunt with a Val Gardena Active guide, is certainly an experience that many are yet to discover.
- A family hike to the castle, followed by trout fishing in the fishpond of the Pozzamanigoni restaurant is an adventure for little foodies. There is also a large horse riding arena where individual lessons, horse riding and pony rides are offered.
- If the weather is not so good, a visit to the Mar Dolomit indoor and outdoor pool in Ortisei is a welcome change.
- Children especially enjoy ice skating at the Selva ice rink in both summer and winter. Admission and skate rental are free for our guest families.
- A trip to Bolzano (53 km) with a visit to the world-famous Ötzi museum is certainly educational for school children and an unforgettable experience.
- And there is much, much more, because winter provides even more fun in the snow with activities such as tobogganing, snowman building, skiing, cross-country skiing and snowshoe hiking.